5 Steps to Creating Great Blogs!
The word blog is a buzz word for many business owners these days. Every time the word blogging comes up, business owner’s ears perk up and for a good reason. Blogging has been credit for bringing as much as 38% new traffic, according to a study by Hubspot. If you want to blog, but don’t know how to make it effective for your business, this post is for you.
Blogging - Ineffectively
When I first started blogging, I kept a list of ideas in a notebook. I blogged just to blog, and it was taking me forever to publish one post. After taking a step back and redefining why I wanted to blog, I went full force with a strategy and a plan and was able to increase my visibility in front of the right audience.
Each step below is a crucial part of running a useful blog. Take some time and work out how you can complete each step. Running a blog on top of running a business takes not only efficiency but also a team.
Step 1: Set goals and define purpose
- A lot of your time and effort will be spent getting this blog streamlined and able to publish consistent content. Make sure you know why you want to blog and what you’re hoping to accomplish. Whether it be blogging for money, leads, or traffic, it needs to be clearly defined.
Step 2: Research Potential Contractors
- Blogging is going to take a lot of your time. While the benefits of blogging can’t be overstated, your focus needs to be on building a business and gaining clients. To blog effectively and consistently, consider hiring a copywriter or virtual assistant to help write all of the blog posts you’ll need.
Step 3: Create Workflows & Systems
- Once you decide upon the contractor you want to work with, it’s time to develop a workflow. Are you coming up with topic ideas? Does your contract include edits? How will you keep track of published posts and which are still in progress? How will you pay them? Establish a system for working with them.
Step 4: Market Your Blog
- Find a social media manager to promote your content consistently. Generate publicity by doing interviews, guest posts, and posting regularly on social media. Businesses like Think Box Concepts help efficiently support your business in a variety of areas, including your blog.
Step 5: Measure Your Success Through Data
- Measuring results is something a lot of people don’t remember. If you don’t measure your success, you’ll never know if you hit those goals. You’ll never know how valuable your contractor is to your bottom line. You’ll never be confident it’s worth all of that effort. Send out reader surveys and keep track of statistics. It’ll be worth it.